Friday, April 18, 2008

This isn't Kansas, Toto. Hey, you aren't Toto!

Today was "dress as your favorite storybook character" day for the girls' school. Since I waited until the last minute to do anything about it, Reagan's favorite storybook character was whatever costume I could find in a store in April. Not an easy task, but my search finally took me to Reagan's favorite storybook character, at least for the day: Dorthy. It was either that or a Yoda. Should I admit I considered it for a brief moment? Probably not. I'll just go ahead and set aside some therapy dollars now for when she reads this as a teenager.

So here is Reagan as Dorthy. Yes, I do understand that "ruby" slippers are in fact, ruby colored. At least they are sparkly. And yeah, I'm pretty sure Toto wasn't a pink poodle with a zipper down the back to carry a lipgloss, but then again we aren't in Kansas either. This is how we do Dorthy down here.

See my shoes?




Oh, mom. Please stop taking photos already!


And no, she didn't look like this when we picked her up. I neglected to take the "after" photo but she was a mess as expected. The braids lasted until almost before lunch. About three hours longer than I expected them to last. The costume was covered in paint. When I inquired, her teacher said that during finger painting today when she had both hands covered in paint she pulled the "Home Alone" pose and put both hands to her face, splashing the paint all over and creating two giant hand prints on her face and into her hair. Wish I had gotten a photo of that! That is our Reagan. This sweet little perfectly presentable Reagan above I hardly recognize.

8 comments:

Angela said...

Aww, she looks adorable! But I bet she would have been a cute Yoda too :-)

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I love that costume!

Anonymous said...

Adorable, Bridget - love the braids!! And too funny about the costume choices!

America's Next Top Mommy said...

Haven't you heard? Pink is the new ruby!

Mama Mia said...

She looks SUPER cute...
And I will be lookin for you dragging your kids by the feet in the dr's office!

Lara said...

She makes an adorable Dorothy!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh she is so cute! That costume is precious!

Anonymous said...

remember Whitney at age 3 when she would only wear dresses? I couldn't figure out why until some lady asked her, "Oh, aren't you so cute! What's your name?" Whitney answered, "Dorothy." Ahhhhh, now I get it...