I don't know that you can make it to 10 hours. Get a crockpot with a timer!)
- * 1 boston butt roast (about 4-6 lb roast)
- * 1 jar BBQ sauce
- * optional: onions, garlic
- * Add one boston butt roast (Which is really a pig shoulder, not a butt. Go figure.) to your crockpot. Go ahead and slice it into two or three pieces if you need to in order to get it in your crockpot. Don't cut the pieces too small or it will be done way ahead of time (Unless that is what you want. In that case, go for it.).
- * Dump 3/4 jar of BBQ sauce on top (you'll use the rest later)
- * Optional: dump about 1/2 bag frozen onion and a tablespoon or two of garlic.
- * Cook on low until the meat falls apart, usually anywhere between 6-8 hours.
- * Take it out and use two forks to shred it.
- * Add the remainder of the BBQ sauce to the pork.
Note about BBQ sauce: It can be ANY BBQ sauce. My favorite is whatever happened to be BOGO at my local Publix. I will often use more than just 1 bottle of BBQ sauce. I sometimes use the entire bottle in the cooking and then use up to 1/2 bottle to mix in afterwards.
- * BBQ pork sandwiches (go crazy, add a little coleslaw directly on the sandwich)
- * Baked beans
- * Potato salad
(the BBQ Cuban wraps are entirely my creation, click below for the recipe)
- * BBQ Cuban wraps
- * Plaintains
- * Black beans and rice