Sunday, April 13, 2008

Reagan leaves an offering for Buddha

I don't know what to make of it, really. It appears to be an random offering of a sippee of milk and a mostly eaten cereal bar.Oh, and no, we aren't Buddhist. I got this coveted piece of art after a near brawl with one of my Aunts after my Grandpa "Pop" died. No one ever knew where it came from, but we all had memories of it being in his house all our lives, often sporting some baseball cap with some raunchy saying or the ever classy fake bird crap hat. He had traveled far in his life and so did his family so it was anyone's guess in what Far East country he might have acquired such a piece.

I got Buddha home and showed Bill my score. Without me even getting to tell him any stories about Buddha or fantasies of where he might have come from, Bill picked it up, flipped it over, and read out loud, "MADE IN MEXICO." Pfft.

5 comments:

Beth said...

LOL Bridget! Reagan is so precocious! I would love to meet her one day. And I'm sure there's a great story behind the Buddha, even if it did come from Mexico!

London said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!

Kaycee said...

BAHAHA!! That is so funny! She prob thought he needed a snack.

Anonymous said...

Pop would be proud of his Budda!! LOL!!

love you more...

Tara said...

LOL I love it! We all have such fond memories of Buddha in the bird poop hat. Never with a sippy cup though. I have to say that's a first!