Monday, July 7, 2008

What's for dinner, BBQ Pork Cuban Wraps


I love to make pulled pork. It's just so easy and yummy and usually sets me up for several meals. In my quest to create something other than just another BBQ sandwich, I came up with BBQ Pork Cuban Wraps. I'm calling them Cuban because it is VERY loosely based on the yumminess that is a Cuban Sandwich.


Time:
* Prep time: 15 minutes
* Time to cook: about 5 minutes

Ingredients:
* BBQ Pulled Pork (buy a tub premade or make your own with THIS recipe)
* Hot dog relish
* Spicy mustard
* Swiss cheese (grated)
* Burrito size tortilla wraps

Directions:
*Take a tortilla and add some of all of the ingredients in layers.
* Wrap the filled tortilla like a burrito
* Nuke each wrap in the microwave for 1.5 minutes

That's it!


Serve with plantains and black beans and rice. The plantains you can buy premade in the frozen food section. Just nuke and serve. Reagan loves plantains! She had half of them eaten before they even got to the platter.

13 comments:

Jen said...

What an awesome idea. I am always looking for new ethnic foods to serve to my kids so that they can experience different foods. This sound so yummy and easy. I will be trying this one.

Michelle said...

When you were saying 5 minutes to cook and 15 to prep, I originally thought that included making the pulled pork and I was SOOO confused! Now I get it. Thanks for posting that recipe, too. I love crockpot cooking... and this is definitely one of my favorites!

Heidi O said...

So I keep saying that I need to lessen our meat consumption and then I come to pictures of meat, glorious glistening yummy looking pulled pork, meat and my stomach says no way jose. The meat and the wrap look darn good. I betcha my whole family would love it, will put it on my short list of things to make.

Anonymous said...

i think im coming to your house for dinner. that looks delicious!

Simply Me... said...

Howdy, I'm new to your blog and I must say I love it and your banner is so so cute! I will be adding you to my fav's come over and visit sometime.

Lanny:)

Heather said...

I'll be right over.

Joanna said...

I've got the chips and lemonade.

Lara said...

That looks so yummy and EASY!

Tam said...

OOOO this looks so so so good! Can I eat this on my strict diet??? LOL LOL

Janet said...

This looks yummy. Just wanted to thank you for posting the squash casserole recipe. I made it for family for the 4th and everyone liked it!

Bar-b said...

very loosely resembles a cuban sandwich......

still sounds good though.

your new blogger friend and resident cuban american :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here balancingtheballs.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Scientific Research points that closely 80% of all U.S. grownups are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.