Monday, June 23, 2008

My 15 minutes are up

Edited to Add on 07.08.2008: I'll be starting a comment's hall of fame based on this post. Until I have an official dedicated post for it, here is the start...
In the future everyone will be famous for fifteen minutes
~Andy Warhol


Yep, that's right. My 15 minutes are up and I've had my day to shine. Last week in the middle of my road trip chaos, my blog was a featured blog of the day on The Secret is in the Sauce (SITS). It's a fun, awesome site just recently started by a couple of fellow comment junkies. They feature one blog a day with three of your blog posts and encourage all of the "members" to check out the posts. Here is the post where I was featured.
I had a terrible time choosing three posts. I finally decided on these three:
  • You couldn't pay me to try that again: If there had been an I Love Lucy episode where Lucy took two small kids to the grocery store, this would have been the episode.
  • I a pirate!: The day Reagan decided she was going to be a pirate and no school uniform was going to stop her.
  • Hello sushi lover!: Pics of Reagan eating sushi and a little tutorial for those that have never ventured into the world of sushi.

I had over 900 hits on the site and close to 300 comments in my 24 hours. On a normal day, I'll see anywhere from 175-200 hits so I was definitely feeling the love. I had some great comments. Of course, I also get some awesome comments from people that have been regularly reading my blog all along. Some of you are way more clever than me. So I think from now on, from time to time I'll do a little feature post where I'll highlight some of my favorite comments that people have posted. I'm going to start a comments hall of fame where I'll keep the all time best.

Here are excerpts of some of my favorites from the day:

Grocery store:

Pirate:

  • Melanie said... And I have a new word, Craptastic...
  • EmBee said...Let your freak flag fly Reagan!
  • Jen said... boy, I wish my son would be a pirate. He is stuck on being a princess.

Thanks to everyone new and old that reads my blog! It was really fun to be queen for the day.

25 comments:

Tara said...

You know we love your stuff, Sis! And Happy Birthday, by the way! :-)

Michelle said...

So did you at least get to know that you were being featured, or was this a happy surprise for you? (Congrats again on being featured!)

Tam said...

HI came over from Sits....sorry your 15 minutes are up with THEM but I bet anything you have a loyal blog following!!!! Love the Hair on my chiny chin chin...lol lol

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

great idea for the recap. I'll have to remember that when its my turn

Staci said...

i cant remember if i commented about your kiddos, but could they be any cuter????? OMG i cant take it!!!

Rhea said...

great comment sharing!!! Love it. You sure got the love from SITS, that a lot of hits!!!

Melanie Dickens said...

Thanks for the comment and the shout out. You are great.

Joanna said...

I must say that "craptastic" is one of my new favorite words. I've been waiting for the perfect moment to share it with dh.

London said...

Uh, I so want to have my 15 minutes of fame now! But I think my blog is a little too random.

Jen said...

what a cool way to end your run of fame. I will be back to check things out again. Thanks.

Teri said...

Congrats on all the traffic from SITS. That is where I came from, and I am going to stay here. Great blog, excellent tales of the adventures of being a mom with kids who do real life things.

Tricia said...

A comment hall of fame is even better than "craptastic."

EmBee said...

Bridget, Thanks so much for the shout out... But the comment that made me laugh the hardest was Jen's.

What fun!

Perksofbeingme said...

thanks for the comment on my blog. I love what SITS stand for and glad you got your day already!

Me on Metatrophin said...

SITS has made you so popular! I don't remember if I noticed that you are in Hotlanta--I'm here, too! Your pix are great. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

They are not up yet! We would love to feature you after our launch...btw, would you mind adding us in your blogroll so other bloggers know about the free mom listings? I added you under PARENTING right here http://www.momdot.com/?page_id=84

let me know if you want that to change! See you on august 1st for the big launch w/ lots of prizes!

trisha

Laural Out Loud said...

Your fame will be longer lasting than 15 minutes with me ;-). I'm so glad your blog was featured!

Now I'll sit back and pretend to be patient as we all wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

Karen said...

Your blog is so much fun to read! Thanks for sharing and I think all moms or women can relate.

Anonymous said...

I am totally addicted to your blog now!! Thank you SITS!

Kendra said...

This is my first time on your blog. You are so funny. I love this post.

Nicole said...

Wow, your were doing good before they even spotlighted you. It's kinda a let down when it's all over huh. Your blog is awesome and funny though, I'm sure your doing great. I love your hearder, was that there before?

Tami said...

The comment recap is a great idea! I may *borrow* that in the future. Thanks for stopping by - enjoy your Asian Slaw :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being featured on Sits! I am SOO proud of you!!

love you more...

Danielle said...

:( I'm sorry I missed your SITS day, but it looks like it was wildly successful!!!

SITS is so super fun, and I still don't think I've recovered from all the love they send over!!

Belated congrats on your day!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bridge, it was really nice to see your blog. I hope to follow it closer. It is always nice to hear how you are doing. Thanks for your friendship. Say hey to the fam...especially your mom.
Sincerely your Texas Firefighter/Paramedic
-Dane