Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's time to come out of hiding

Mrs. R seems to think that no one reads blogs in the states of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana, and New Mexico. This is because her all knowing stat counter tells her so. I know I have a few readers that hail from these far away lands. If you are one of those, it is time to stand up and be counted.

If you reside in one of the above mentioned states, head on over to Mrs. R's post "Where Are They" and leave her a comment telling her I told you to let you know you really do exist. (Pretty please, I don't want to have to admit I am typing to imaginary people again).

Some have a theory that you are there in plain hiding all along, that your IP is just showing up in another location. I know this is entirely possible. I live in Georgia but my home IP shows up on my stat counter as Mt. Laurel, NJ (no clue why). Admittedly, it took me a bit to figure that out. I thought I had someone in NJ that was really, really digging my blog--ALMOST as much as I was. But it turns out I was the only dork digging my blog. Hmph.

So those of you in the above mentioned square and semi-square states: you have a mission. Go tell Mrs. R you live in one of those states and you read blogs. Prove to her you aren't living in a covered wagon and eating by campfire (or if you are, that your covered wagon is piped with internet and XM radio at least).

11 comments:

Martina said...

hey! who did your website?? e-mail me at sapphires2000 (at) sbcglobal (dot) net - asap!!

LauraC said...

I can confirm ND people show up as ND people... my husband is from Fargo and his mom and some of her friends read my blog. I probably get more ND hits than any other blogger out there :)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

My husband and mom usually read from work - and the hit comes from another state, I guess because it's the network the company uses? My mom's is NJ and my hubby is Chicago.

But my slate is blank for those states, too...

Tam said...

HI GA in the HOUSE here....have not come across any bloggers from those states at all. But GA has it going on with BLOGGERS...WE ROCK IT!

M said...

Nope, not from one of those square and cold states.

But I have to relate to the thinking you've got someone very interested, only to find out that it's YOU. *blush*

Yeah, I did that.

Lindsay said...

Depending on the computer, I show up from different places. I think my home computer correctly shows up as Texas. My work computer routes through Tampa, though. (Why does my company have their data center in a hurricane-prone location???)

Marie Reed said...

Shannon did a delightful job! Your blog is just gorgeous!

Lula! said...

Hey--thanks for stopping in at Lulaville. We so have to be friends...there are too few Sci-Fi geeks/closet Goth-lovers in the world. We need to band together and UNITE!

Have a happy Independence Day!
p.s. I'm originally from Georgia...I occasionally mention this on my blog. OK, OK...I mention it all the time!

Heather said...

She's so funny with that map.

Melissa Lee said...

I would, but I don't, so I can't, therefore I ain't. Know what I mean?

Look at your adorable blog! I love how it all turned out. You should be so happy with the look.

I've been reading and just love it. Thank you so much for stopping by last week on my special SITS day. It was a lot of fun...and hope you'll come back soon.

Melissa at Stretch Marks

Anonymous said...

come on! update already! or are you too busy playing Wii???